Translate

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Getting Unstuck Redux – Day 4




I use and have students use the broadcast blocks a lot. They are very adaptable for all kinds of purposes and clearly inspired a lot of creativity - I saved an absolutely enormous number of projects from the Day 4 studio!

I am taking a few different classes this summer and one of them is about mapping and using maps. That worked very well with the use of the broadcast block (like in Google maps, if you click on a location pic it takes you to information about that place). The Houston heat and being stuck at home for so long had me nostalgic for other summers we spent in cooler climates! This is what I made:

This studio has set me up with student Scratch project prompts/ starter projects/ challenges for years to come! Among the wealth of fantastic ideas were projects using the music extension with broadcasts and I was motivated to work with some of these effects today. I will need to practice with the music tools a great deal more, but I think kids will have fun playing the fish!

Here is how it went:


No comments:

Post a Comment