Translate

Monday, July 20, 2020

Getting Unstuck Redux Day 1


The adventure really begins! The email:

Here is my Day 1 project:


Because students didn’t get to finish the year at school and see how the Eco-Schools projects turned out, I really wanted to include our habitats in the project. I have been taking care of the gardens since the students left and every time I go there is something new – a “surprise” each time I engage, so it seemed like a good fit for the project description.
One thing I love about Scratch is that it allows for so much creativity and personal expression! In the studio there were well over a hundred projects and every one was different! 

Another thing that was special about this was the conversations that were taking place in the comments. Not just hearts and stars, but real feedback about what people liked, great ideas about things to add, and suggestions about how to fix problems.

I starred 23 projects from the studio to revisit and learn from. 10 were great lesson ideas that you will be seeing soon in your STEAM lab assignments!13 of them were interesting effects or different ways of coding that I wanted to try. I chose to work on the pen extension. Here is what I made today:

It isn't 100% what I wanted yet, but the great thing about Scratch is you can always go back to add and improve! I hope you will try something new today too!

No comments:

Post a Comment