Translate

Friday, July 31, 2020

Getting Unstuck Redux Day 10



Last day of my Getting Unstuck 2020 revisit! There were tons of amazing projects in the studio again and after my personal explorations I am going back to start building student projects with some of the 230+ saved creations!


I had seen soooo many amazing projects using the Translate extension, I knew that I wanted to make a project with these blocks. The idea behind this was a blend of two things: the children's game "Telephone" - where a message is passed down the line, person to person, and secondly, the amazing international Scratch community! Every day groups of people from all over the world came together to work on this experience. Scratchers from the across North America, Netherlands, Italy, Russia, and Australia offered me advice and solved my coding quandaries every day. I wanted to celebrate both of these in my original Day 10 project:



So for this last day, there were several ideas I wanted to explore, but I settled on a "typewriting" effect used by @karenb in her Day 10 (and by several other Scratchers over the course of GU 2020) and I went back to a project by @yhsieh in the Day 5 studio where she made Van Gogh's Starry Night come alive with a perfect musical accompaniment and some erasure and substitutions.
I love Art Nouveau and decided to take the Czech artist Mucha and pair his work with a contemporaneous compatriot - Dvorak. The Metropolitan Opera has been streaming their productions nightly since mid March (which has been a lifeline in my new shut-in existence) and tonight's is Rusalka! It was meant to be! It's not as effective as @yhsieh's https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/410867880/ but I hope you enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment