Translate

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Getting Unstuck Redux – Day 2

A note about community and the importance of the notes/ credits/ comments. The Scratch community is all about learning and sharing. When I shared yesterday's project, I put a comment in the notes that I wasn't happy with the effect and was looking for suggestions. Another Scratch user saw the request and referred me to a couple of other fantastic projects that used the effects I wanted.

Use the comments! Use the Notes and Credits! Never be afraid to ask for help! That's the lesson and here is the new and improved project:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/412836264/

Now, onto Day 2!



I was re-amazed by all the projects in the Day 1 studio when I went back and had the same reaction to the Day 2 studio! So many amazing ideas and all from one prompt:


I have you all makes lots of projects with key presses so they can work with the Makey Makeys. Panther students were also the inspiration for my theme! In our Teams class meetings I heard from so many people that they wished they could go somewhere, anywhere! Here is the project:



The projects I saved from Day 2 were 90% student project ideas - you will LOVE them! However, there were a few skill challenges for me! I decided to work on visual effects with clones some more, sliders to let the user manipulate the sprite and its effects, the space bar changes the costume. I am also including something that will be part of your class Scratch projects this coming year - a voice recording introduction before the project starts.
See how I did:

No comments:

Post a Comment